Therapist - NCE - National Counselor Exam Study Guide
National counselor exam is an official certification accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA). It is one of the two NBCC credentials. Being an NCC is not only a matter of pride besides it gives numerous advantages in the career.
Eligibility for NCE - National Counselor Exam
- A master's degree in a mental health field
- A full and current license from a state professional counselor licensure board or the California Registered Professional Counselor (RPC) credential.
- A passing score on the NCE, NCMHCE, or an NBCC-accepted state licensure examination (see application for the examinations accepted.)
- If you have been grandfathered into state licensure with no exam, you need to take and pass the NCE. If the rest of your application is approved, you will be registered for the NCE.
Format for NCE - National Counselor Exam
The exam is offered in computer based, adaptive testing format. The test papers are set all around count of two hundred. The total time allotted is four hours. The contents to be prepared for the exam are mentioned as following:
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Helping Relationships
- Group Work
- Career and Lifestyle Development
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Professional Orientation & Ethics
- Human Growth and Development
In addition, the NCE is based on the following five work behaviours:
- Fundamentals of Counseling
- Assessment and Career Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Programmatic and Clinical Intervention
- Professional Practice Issues
Study Guide and Preparation for National Counselor Exam
A Complete National Counselor Exam that includes sample questions, test tips and a complete study plan prepared by a team of expert and dedicated researchers. Cost-effective and qualified exam help from a committed exam preparation company.